Milton Keynes College is working in partnership with HMP Stocken to put education at the heart of the prison system.
We are looking for an experienced, adaptable motor vehicle lecturer that specialises in motorbikes to join our team at HMP Stocken. As a motor vehicle lecturer you will deliver outstanding courses in motor mechanics (bikes) accredited by either IMI or City & guilds to a diverse group of learners within the prison. As part of our offender learning team, you will help to develop a strong motor vehicle / motorbikes L1 - L2 programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated motor mechanics professional to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery of the motorbike course. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated individual, with a can do approach to education.
The ideal candidate will be qualified in motor mechanics with relevant industry experience that can be shared with our learners.
HMP Stocken is a Category C Training Prison holding prisoners that are serving medium to long-term sentences. The Prisons offers employment and training in a variety of activities to help rehabilitate offenders and reduce reoffending.
Milton Keynes College works in partnership with the prison to provide the prisoners with both academic courses and vocational training opportunities to equip them with skills and qualifications necessary to increase their employment prospects on release.
Working together, the College and prison are committed to providing positive opportunities to enable the men in the establishment to reach their full potential and inspire them to end their offending behaviour. The staff in the Education Department work enthusiastically as a team to engage learners that are sometimes hard to reach, this dedication and enthusiasm contributed to the College receiving a grade 2 in their latest Ofsted inspection.
As a successful candidate, you will have???
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above) in motor mechanics, specialising in motorbikes.
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Location: HMP Stocken
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: GBP18,015 - GBP32,578 per annum
Closing date: 15 th August 2017
More about the rewards
- 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
- Able to apply for an NUS Extra Card and Blue lights card, offering a wide range of High Street Discounts
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Access to 'JUICE' the employees' health and wellbeing platform
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributions towards Eye Tests for Visual Display users
- Plus, many more
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3, - 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 28 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Jobs at Milton Keynes College - Whatever your Direction
Milton Keynes College is a committed "safer recruitment" employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community
To apply, please follow the job board application instructions to submit your CV. You will then be sent an email directing you to the College Careers Portal to complete your application.