Support Worker - Homelessness
Midland Heart has an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join our Homelessness Services department at High Street South, Rushden.
Title: Support Worker
Job Ref: 3105
Location: High Street South, Rushden
Salary: GBP17,682 per annum
Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent contract
High Street South provides supported accommodation for up to 15 single people who have housing & tenancy related support needs.
You will support each customer to address the issues that lead to their homelessness and equip them with the necessary skills they need to move forward into independent living. You will also be required to contribute to the overall day-to-day running of the service which includes undertaking administrative, financial and housing management tasks as delegated by the Manager.
You will form part of a friendly, motivated team who are passionate about the customers' we serve.
We are looking for people who:
- Who have experience of working with socially excluded groups
- Who have experience of working with individuals in housing need
- Who have experience of assessing risk and needs of individuals
- Who have knowledge of issues relating to homelessness
- Who have knowledge of the benefits system
If you are supportive, dedicated, customer focused and want to make a difference in your local community, then we would love to hear from you.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary which is regularly reviewed and benchmarked with the market
- 25 day's holidays plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- Childcare vouchers
- Shopping & leisure discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular tailored training & personal development plans
- Free Disclosure and Barring Service check
Closing Date: 20th August 2017
We reserve the right to close this advert before the advertised date if deemed necessary.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply' button to be directed to our website, where you can download the role profile and complete the application process.
Please note applications without a covering letter will not be accepted. If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format, for example large print, more information can be found on our website.
Midland Heart aspires to be a digital organisation that minimises its impact on the environment. Wherever possible, we will conduct transactions digitally rather than by paper and ask that current and future employees share this commitment. Where required, we will support colleagues to be digitally enabled.
No agencies please.