Security Officer - Milton Keynes - FCO
Vacancy Reference: SEC-MK-KS-1005
Job Title: Security Officer
Job Type: Full-Time; Rotating shift pattern
Shift Pattern: Days / Nights / Weekends
Location: Hanslope Park, Milton Keynes
Salary: £9.00 per hour
Are you a SIA licensed Security professional looking for a new opportunity? Do you consistently demonstrate outstanding levels of integrity alongside exceptional operational ability? Can you deliver an approachable, customer-focussed service? Are you experienced in working in a busy operational environment? If the answer is “yes”, we are keen to hear from you.
Servest Group is an expert in facilities management, creating environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations to be more efficient, effective and sustainable. We are presently experiencing an exciting period of change and growth. This is an excellent opportunity for to further your career whilst working for one of the UK's top Facilities Management Companies.
We are currently recruiting for exceptional Security Officers to deliver excellent levels of customer service whilst remaining diligent to the constant threat of security breaches for a government site in
Hanslope Park, Milton Keynes.
Often being the first point of contact you will provide safety and security for our client and their customers. Your excellent professionalism and attention to detail will reflect our clients and our own brand.
The successful candidate will provide a rigorous yet welcoming gatehouse security presence at the clients' site, in addition to supporting with operational issues. As a Security Officer at the prestigious site, you will operate the access and egress function, building relationships with staff, delivery drivers and visitors and guests. Night shift working will see the Security Officer secure the site and carry out night time patrols of the compound alongside passive CCTV monitoring.
As part of this role you will be required to undertake escorting duties wherein you will be required to support with chaperoning and guiding guests and visitors on site.
We are looking for confident, reliable and flexible security professionals who are capable of building good relationships with visitors and clients alike. You will need to have excellent communication skills, high levels of attention to detail and should take ownership of tasks, seeing things through to completion and ensuring issues are resolved in an effective and satisfactory manner. You will have high levels of integrity and will go about your day-to-day duties with efficiency and professionalism.
Primary duties will include:
- Providing an efficient and effective Security Service for our client, ensuring high standards are delivered and maintained
- Access and egress duties
- Undertaking regular site patrols, regular check calls, maintaining logs and passive CCTV monitoring
- Effective monitoring of visitors and employees on site and assisting to maintain high levels of site security
- Understanding of and adherence to Health and Safety regulations with responsibility for the Health & Safety welfare of colleagues alongside their own
- Logging details of incoming visitors; maintaining a log of incoming customers' electronic devices
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills, experience and behaviours:
- A full SIA License is essential
- Our preference is for candidates with experience of undertaking a Security Officer role in a similarly high profile site
- 1st Aid Certificate is highly desirable. Candidates who do not have accredited First Aid training may be required to complete a First Aid course which will be provided
- Flexibility to works across shifts patterns which would include days, night shifts and weekend working
- Exceptional levels of integrity and professionalism
- Basic IT and Microsoft Office skills essential (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Applicants must be a UK passport holder so as to obtain UK Government clearances
Our on-site security team deliver outstanding security services to our client, 24 hours per day, across 7 days per week. We have both permanent contracts and relief work available. The hours for permanent positions are offered on a shift basis of 4 days, 4 off; 4 nights, 4 off. Day shifts are 07:00-19:00; Night shifts are 19:00-07:00. There is no flexibility to amend the shift pattern so it is essential that applicants can commit to this working pattern. Relief positions are offered predominantly on a Monday-Friday, 07:00-19:00 basis however, there may be ad hoc requirements for cover at nights or on weekends.
Applicants must be a UK passport holder so as to obtain UK Government clearances. The requirement for this is based on job role responsibilities.
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its' great people - We believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV to email@example.com
To find out more please visit us on www.servest.co.uk
Servest is an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***