Travel Consultant / Travel Sales Consultant
Travel Consultant/ Travel Sales Consultant
Location: Office based, Arlesey, Bedfordshire.
Salary: basic £18,000 - £21,000 basic DOE plus commission. Potential to earn more than £30,000
Benefits: Bonus and incentive scheme, flexible working, cruise ship visits, familiarisation trips, life insurance and a health plan
Hours: Fulltime, Monday to Sunday, between 09:00 and 19:00, 40 hours per week. 5 Day working week and flexibility to work shifts.
We are an expanding independent agency who specialise in creating unique tailor-made holidays to give our customers an unforgettable holiday experience.
Our focus is on offering the highest levels of customer service to exceed customer expectations.
We are looking for someone who is keen to learn and highly motivated to join our expanding cruise and holiday team as a Travel Consultant.
The role is target driven but also requires a high level of customer service.
Candidates must have previous travel experience preferably gained either within a telephone based environment or face to face travel agency.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Taking phone and email enquiries and converting these into bookings
- Offer the highest levels of customer service at all times
- Handling client queries regarding their travel requirements
- Designing tailor-made travel packages based on customer requirements and budget
- Offering holiday advice to both direct clients and through travel agent partners
- Accurately processing reservations
- Maintaining set sales targets and service levels
- Proactively chasing sales leads and maintaining conversion targets
- Maximise profit margins by up selling and cross selling
Skills and experience
- Confident with great interpersonal skills
- Previous travel industry experience, ideally in tailor-made holidays
- Proven record of offering excellent customer service
- Product knowledge of worldwide cruise & holiday destinations
- Pro-active problem solver
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as under your own supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hard working, enthusiastic and persuasive
- Ability to use multiple IT/Web based booking and in-house systems (Training provided)
- Be comfortable multi-tasking and working under pressure
- Demonstrate confidence and credibility when discussing travel options
- A passion and interest for traveling, holidays or cruises
Important Information: Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants.
If you do not hear from us within four weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Keywords: Travel, Sales, Customer Service, Cruise, Holidays, Consultant