Qualified Childcare Worker- CSE children's residential home- Bedfordsh
Dove Resourcing is currently working in partnership with a Bedfordshire based innovative residential childcare provider to find permanent qualified residential care workers, to work within a CSE(Child Sexual Exploitation) children's home.
This company has developed excellent relationships with relevant local authorities and delivers tailored support which can include therapeutic intervention to young people with complex needs and behavioural difficulties.
The organisation strives to have a significantly positive impact on supporting young people to change their lives and build a better future. The family sized properties offer a secure and safe place for children and young people to live and develop.
You would be expected to;
- Encourage independence and success on an educational level
- Be a positive role model to children and young people
- Ensure a caring environment is maintained Have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness and homeliness are maintained.
- Ability to work as a team and use your own initiative
- Support and encourage young people's independence by assisting with their independent living skills
- Escort and supervise young people during social outings and trips from the placement
- Offer support to other members of staff and lead shifts as and when required.
Our client is seeking experienced residential care staff so it is an essential requirement that you have prior experience working in a children's home It is essential that you hold an NVQ / QCF Level 3 working with children and young people or equivalent.
The staff team works on a monthly rolling rota working long days, including sleep ins. You typically work two shifts per week.
Applications are subject to satisfactory DBS and reference checks
Due to the nature of the work it is essential that all applicants have a full UK driving license with access to their own vehicle.
Salary is subject to experience and qualifications - the bracket is between GBP18,000-GBP19,000 per annum inclusive of sleep in payments
These positions are full time permanent job roles and are vacant immediately.
To register your interest please contact Millie Parker at Dove Resourcing - or
Dove Resourcing is a specialist social care recruitment agency working exclusively with care staff seeking permanent jobs in the care sector. We work throughout the UK supplying staff to both adult & children's care organisations from support workers to registered managers - so if you are considering a move, or if you just want to keep an eye on the market, do get in touch for a confidential conversation.