Account Manager / Business Development - Schools - Audio Visual
- Full Time
Job title: Sales Account Manager (Audio Visual - Education Sector)
Location: Offord Cluny, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Generous basic package plus commission
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Due to company expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Account Manager to join the company's friendly team based in Offord Cluny, Cambridgeshire.
They have been in business since 2004 and specialise in the provision of audio visual solutions to the education and corporate business sectors. Equipment includes state of the art brand leading interactive touchscreens, and projector and screen solutions, into schools, halls, meeting rooms and boardrooms.
The candidate will work within the education team and report to the Sales and Marketing Manager.
This is a target driven sales role and requires the candidate to be self-motivated in their approach to prospective and existing education customers in order to achieve those results. They will need to be a go-getter, happy to pick up the phone to generate their own pipeline as well as manage leads.
The position is based in the office, but the candidate will be out regularly as they will be required to schedule and make telephone calls in order to make appointments with prospective and existing customers within their given area. The appointments will vary from conducting demonstrations (alongside a technical expert) to carrying out surveys, to meeting and negotiating with head teachers, IT manager/co-ordinators or school governors.
- Telephone cold calling to prospects and existing customers against set targets.
- Management and upkeep of existing CRM system including scheduling and closing of diarised telephone sales calls.
- Ongoing account management of new and existing customer base.
- Face to face sales meetings.
- Demonstrations of hardware equipment and related software.
- Technical site surveys of customer sites.
- Administration including writing of quotations/proposals.
- Sales forecasting.
- Sales activity reporting against given targets.
- Working as part of a team with other Account Managers and Technical Consultants.
- Liaison with engineering department to ensure smooth customer order installation.
- Working with the marketing department reference marketing campaigns and the reporting on such.
- Proven successful sales experience demonstrating where telephone cold calling has been a major part of the sales cycle.
- Account management of existing customers.
- Excellent telephone manner and strong communication skills.
- Consultative sales approach.
- Experience of face to face sales meetings.
- Good organisational skills, e.g. management of large CRM system of prospects and customers.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrable team work.
- Diary management.
- Good IT skills - WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK and databases.
- Driving licence and own transport.
You will need to live within a commutable distance to Offord Cluny in Cambridgeshire (PE19).
Core working hours are 8am until 5pm Monday to Friday, however flexibility is required depending on the business needs and where you may have appointments in any given area at any given time.
As this position is to work within the education sector, please be aware that holidays must be taken in school holidays.
Candidates will need to pass a DBS check prior to starting the role as they will be visiting schools.
- Generous salary
- Excellent commission package
- Car Allowance
- Pension scheme
As the company expects a high number of responses they will not be able to reply to all applicants. If you have not had a reply from them within 2 weeks you will know that your application is not going to be taken any further.
Please click APPLY to submit your CV and a Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Account Manager, IT Sales, Business Development, Key Account Manager, Client Support, Account Consultant, Product Specialist, Experienced Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Nationwide Sales, Sales Executive, Business Development, Sales, Sales Manager, Direct Sales, Marketing Account Manager, Digital Marketing Consultant, Digital Account Manager, Key Sales, Business Developer, Business Plan, Digital Marketing Manager, Business Development, Sales Development, Business Development Lead, Sales, Senior Sales Manager, New Client Sales, B2B, IT Managed Services Sales will be considered for this role.