Electronics Test Manager
Position: Electronics Test Manager
Location: St Neots, Cambridgeshire/Bedford, Bedfordshire
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
If you are self-motivated, comfortable working in a fast paced environment, with extensive experience of working in a test department, then we would love to hear from you.
The Electronics Test Manager Role:
The Electronics Test Manager will be primarily responsible for running the test team.
You need to be a motivator and easily approachable, while being able to stick to strict deadlines for test requirements.
This will be a customer facing role, so the Electronics Test Manager must be able to prioritise deadlines to around meeting customers.
Product knowledge is essential, as well as knowledge and experience of testing all equipment manufactured onsite.
- Manage the test resource across the business for all customers
- Must be able to manage and motivate a team of test employees to ensure the delivery of test procedures and test equipment to meet the customer's requirements. This will also involve face to face meetings with the customer
- Ensure agreed working procedures and precautions are adhered to
- Ensure the test skills matrix is kept up to date
- Be capable of testing all products the company manufactures with minimum support
- Computer literacy is essential to keep company databases up to date with information such as test times and faulty data/equipment
- To set up test equipment and test jigs both for in-circuit and full functional testing of PCBAs and complete products
- To test PCBAs and complete electronic products following test procedures recording test results as directed. Use procedures set down in test specifications TPs and TRS to test and calibrate production products
- To investigate and fault find faulty electronic printed circuit assemblies or complete electronic based products using schematic diagrams and the full range of test equipment available leading to their repair
Experience & Attributes Required:
- Good level of general education
- Experience working positively and productively in a team environment. Highly collaborative
- Ability to manage multiple demanding timeframes
- Extensive experience of working in a test department is essential
- Must be computer literate
- Knowledge of internal products is highly desirable
- Experience of people management is desirable
- Previous experience of working for US and/or within an international environment is preferable
Our client is a vertically integrated provider of specialised electronics systems and components that meet the critical needs in the homeland security, healthcare, defence and aerospace industries.
They focus on Electronics Manufacturing Services, and manufacture products for professional & technical clients within a variety of market sectors including broadcast, industrial, medical, security, agricultural and transport infrastructure.
Their services range from PCB assembly right through to complete product build including full functional test.
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in this Electronics Test Manager position, simply submit your CV via the button shown.
Key Words: Electronics, Test Manager, Test, Repair, Electrical, PCBAs, Circuit, Assembly, Schematics, Fault Find, Tester, St Neots, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, Bedford, Bedfordshire
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.