Companions, Befrienders & Paid Volunteers.
Calling all Companions, Befrienders & Paid Volunteers … your community needs you and so do we!
Our client is looking for passionate part-time Companions, Befrienders & Paid Volunteers in North Hertfordshire. You'll live locally in either Stevenage, Royston, Baldock, Hitchin, Letchworth, Knebworth or the surrounding villages. No matter what your previous background if you want to be respected in a truly rewarding job we'd love to hear from you!
Please note: This is not a Volunteer job however we are trying to attract people who would be looking for volunteer work
We are looking for people who are considering volunteer jobs however, this is not a volunteer job, it is a paid position meaning you get paid to make a difference and bring joy to individuals in your local area.
With traditional good old fashioned values, we believe in fully supporting our brilliant team and their happiness as just as important as our customers! Awarded as an Outstandingly Caring organisation by CQC we specialise in consistent, bespoke, quality companionship lead service to private clients in their own homes. With a minimum of one-hour service calls you would have real quality time to build relationships and be central to the support they provide.
Perhaps you have spare time from a few hours up to 25 and want to make a difference to someone's life? Possibly you are looking for something more meaningful and a change of direction? Maybe you'd like to be admired and respected for your effort? Even if you are only looking for a few hours a week we would love to hear from you. This position will involve supporting clients with everyday tasks, routines, activities in and around their own home plus being out and about in the community.
You will need to be available for their busy times which are:
- Early mornings/mornings - help prepare breakfast and get the day started.
- Lunch times - to take clients out, shopping or just make lunch together.
- Evenings - to help make dinner or perhaps help with bedtime routines. (even just a couple of evenings for an hour or two)
- Weekends, but not every weekend (even if you are just free for an hour or two)
Why work for us as a Companions, Befrienders & Paid Volunteers?
- This is a truly rewarding job working one to one with clients in their own home!
- Pay rates: £9.00 - £9.50 Per Hour Plus Mileage Allowance
- Our CAREgiver say “it's not like work it's like visiting my friend” & “best job I've ever had”
- You'll be part of a team that is passionate about Quality and proud of our reputation.
- You will have regular client/clients and will work locally, keeping travelling to a minimum.
Do I meet the essential criteria?
- Being a driver is essential, as some of our clients need assistance with errands and appointments and going out into the community.
- Are you passionate, have time to spare and want to make a difference to someone's life?
- Could you offer our clients companionship and support without taking away their dignity?
- Are you gentle, love to chat and can read faces?
- Are you a positive person, practical and good at thinking of ways to solve life's little problems?
- Are you naturally caring and dependable with an excellent work ethic?
- Willing to undertake a DBS check?
- Willing to partake in training courses?
Don't worry if you have any questions we will give you a call to discuss your application and answer any questions you might have. So please click on apply!