Integral Powertrain has an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join their team based in Milton Keynes. You will be on a full time, permanent basis and be paid a highly competitive salary.
Here at Integral Powertrain we are developing next generation technologies as part of the move towards a more sustainable way of powering vehicles.
Working with prestigious manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers, our engineers create innovative, complex powertrain engineering solutions used for a wide range of applications in passenger and off highway vehicles and motorsport.
Our Design Engineering team create innovative designs for powertrain systems, undergoing thorough research and development to produce viable 3D models from which our products can be built.
Key responsibilities as our Design Engineer:
You will use a variety of design tools to design components and systems as part of our powertrain projects, using first principles of engineering and performing hand calculations to validate these solutions. We use Dassault Systemes software including CATIA to produce 3D designs and Abaqus to simulate.
Once the initial design has been created; you will carry out various simulation and analysis (including FEA) then interpret the results to ensure designs are viable.
You will work closely with the development and build teams, creating models and drawings which can be used to build the components / systems. We produce working prototypes which are tested extensively, you will need to investigate any mechanical failures or unexpected issues and come up with alternative solutions.
Our Design Engineers liaise regularly with customers, becoming involved in proposals and providing expertise during presentations and technical support where required.
Required skills/experience of our Design Engineer:
- Ideally be degree qualified in a mechanical engineering subject preferably related to automotive or aerospace engineering
- Previous experience of 3D design preferably using CATIA software
- Ideally designing components and systems used in the automotive / powertrain, motorsport or similar industry
- Knowledge of FEA - able to create models and interpret the results
- Knowledge of materials and their properties and consider this within designs
Benefits of working for us:
- Ongoing personal development
- Outstanding training opportunities
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Design Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d Love to hear from you!