Safety Test Engineer (Medical Test Engineer) based in Hitchin
Our Clients constant growth and innovation that have come to define who they are and what they do.
Whether in the Aerospace & Defense, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, or Transportation industry, their clients achieve their long-term business goals by relying daily on the integrity of them
They are a global network of laboratories with experts specializing in materials testing, product qualification testing and failure analysis.
A team of 1000 scientists, engineers and technicians working in laboratories located throughout the USA and Europe, we're a single go-to partner for quality, on-time materials technology solutions and working one-on-one to manage project details and maximize their impact on an entire supply chain
Sound Exciting then please read on!
- The job holder will work in a small team and is responsible to the Operations Manager within the established Medical and Electrical Safety testing business at Element.
- The ideal candidate will be qualified to BTEC HND or higher in a relevant discipline (electrical, mechanical or electronic engineering) and have proven aptitude for safety related approvals testing and certification of medical devices.
- Proven experience of test and assessment to IEC 60950-1, IEC 61010-1 and/or IEC 60335-1 would be an advantage.
- A Senior Test Engineer role could be available for an experienced candidate.
- To supervise the testing and conduct the assessment of equipment in accordance with recognised standards including the IEC 60950-1. IEC 61010-1 and/or IEC 60335-1. An understanding of ISO 17025 is also required.
- To manage their own projects and those of test technicians and test engineers.
- To work with other testing laboratory staff to meet the commercial and quality objectives of the business.
- To apply technical knowledge of the standards during planning of tests and assessment of equipment.
- To review reports and test records of other testing laboratory staff.
- To undertake other reasonable tasks as they are allocated.
- Good communicator, both written and verbally with the ability to converse with colleagues.
- Computer literate with knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Organized with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Team player with a demonstrated personal commitment and drive and the ability to get the job done.
So do you have what it takes?
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all of its members of staff
(Charles Francis Cooper are acting as an employment agency)