Engineering Lecturer / Electrical Engineer / Marketing Engineer
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Engineer
Location: Bedfordshire LU5 / Field Based
Salary: circa £45,000 per annum + benefits
The company is a market-leading certification body. Operating the NICEIC and ELECSA brands, the company has been in operation for over 50 years.
The company is extremely proud to be a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Company to Work For. This award recognises their high level of employee satisfaction, and their efforts to make sure that their employees' experience at work is the best it can be.
- Write, plan and present technical presentations in various formats to the company's key stakeholders, and provide technical support and assistance to the Marketing and Communications team.
- Recommend, research, plan and deliver seminar topics to audiences (which include up to 700 live), including contractors, students, specifiers and key partners at events and exhibitions
- Develop, present and edit short technical video clips
- Attend meetings and share external-facing technical presentations in advance of delivery
- Promote the brands through visits to colleges, wholesalers and specifiers
- Act as brand guardian and protect the reputation of the company, NICEIC and ELECSA brands
- Plan, prepare content and present short technical films for a variety of audiences and platforms
- Appear on radio and TV if necessary
- Proof-read and write technical articles for trade magazines
- Respond to ad hoc technical enquiries from contractors
- Provide technical advice, assistance and information to non-technical colleagues within marketing
- Provide help and assistance when setting-up at events
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- NVQ Level 3 in Electrotechnical Studies or equivalent
- Current Level 3 certificate in the requirements of BS 7671
- Detailed knowledge of the current edition of BS 7671 (IET Wiring Regulations) and related Codes of Practice
- Technical competence over a wide range of electrical installations
- Practical, on-site, installation experience
- Experience and skills in presenting to audiences
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- PC skills
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management
- Full UK driving licence as frequent UK travel and overnight stays will be necessary
- Membership of the IET
- Certificate of Education or Level 3 in Adult Education
- Experience of working in a technical capacity in the electrical advice industry
- Previous recognition as a keynote speaker at industry events
- Qualifications in Environmental studies (MCS technologies)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of social media
- Previous media training an advantage (although media training will be provided)
- Past experience of presenting through a broadcast medium (videos, webinars, radio and TV)
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; HNC/HND Engineer, Marketing and Communications Engineer, Electrician, Electrical Engineer, Design Engineering, Electrical Commissioning, Engineering Installations, Multi-skilled Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Technical Engineer, PLC Programmer, Electronic Engineering, CNC Machine Tool Electrician, Machine Tool Electrician, Software Installation Engineer may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Engineering Lecturer / Electrical Engineer / Marketing Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly