Mechanical Estimator- Building Services - M&E - Hertfordshire - Permanent
Im currently recruiting for a Mechanical Estimator for a leading technology focused mechanical and electrical contractor that work across a range of sectors including, banking and finance, commercial, education, scientific and public sector.
JOB SUMMARY / OVERALL PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The role consists of all aspects of the estimating role from effective handling of new enquiries entering the business, through customer liaison regarding site visits, survey and mid/post tender interviews, accurately pricing the mechanical and public health services associated with the project and compilation and ownership of the quotation/tender documents for issue.
· Complete responsibility of allocated enquiries/projects which would include but not be limited to the following activities -
· Close liaison with clients/potential clients regarding any enquiries received into the company and assigned, representing the business in a professional manner at all times.
· Establishing key aspects associated with the enquiry regarding site survey dates, survey requirements, return deadline and required submission method.
· Attend site surveys or tender interviews as necessary.
· To liaise with other departments regarding completion of all information as identified as required within the enquiry, this may involve liaison with commercial, legal, procurement, accounts, design, HSQA, project delivery teams and directors of the business as appropriate.
· In a timescale sympathetic to the project return date, accurately assess any employers requirement/tender documents/specification and generate and despatch enquiries for specialist sub-contract trades and plant/material items.
· Evaluate supplier and sub-contract returns to ensure compliance with the tender specification/documentation.
· Accurately undertake any necessary take-offs of drawings and schedules and perform data entry into the estimating software selected by the Business.
· Follow all company procedures for enquiry and tender handling.
· Provide prime cost reports for management/director input as to required OHP and mark-up.
· Generate commentary regarding exclusions and clarifications associated with the return offer.
· Oversee the compilation of the tender return to ensure all elements are accounted for prior to submittal.
· Provide ongoing assistance to the projects team if requests for the generation of variation costs are received.
· Provide feedback to allow other departments to effectively monitor and control the supplier and sub-contract supply chain to ensure best value is achieved.
· Liaise closely with the procurement department regarding cost and selection of equipment, materials and sub-contract packages to achieve best value at tender stage.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
· Mechanical engineering qualification/experience - Preferably ONC equivalent or above
· Good computer literacy including ability to work on Estimation, word and excel software
· Driving licence holder
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
· CSCS card holder
· Knowledge of other estimating systems
· Some low level design and/or installation experience would be beneficial.
This position offers a fantastic career path for the right candidate, for more information about this role or if you are looking for a new opportunity within the Building Services or Maintenance sector, please contact Julian Ennor on 01223 311735 or email@example.com
Apply for Mechanical Estimator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly